Monday, July 6, 2009



A lot of attention has been paid to Sarah Palin and her rambling resignation. Comments range from rumors of another ethics issue, to a first step for a 2012 run, to calling her a quitter who can't finish a task, to a New York Times editorial saying that if Obama represents meritocracy and the ivy league as a stepping stone to power, Palin represents democracy and the idea that the common (wo)man can achieve success without those trappings. My only issue with that is that her showing of knowledge of political matters is not evidence of a thoughtful study of those issues, but an emotional response.

I don't know what person used the Obamafication site available on the Web to create the image I included with this post, but I want to thank them, it expresses just how I feel about someone good at manipulating people for political gain without really understanding the need for statesmanship in leading.

2 comments:

  1. I think she has her eye on the big money book deal! to heck with the Governorship!

    ReplyDelete